Part-Time Maintenance Technician
Part-Time Maintenance Technician
Pleasant Prairie, WI
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Lexington Management has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Facilities Maintenance Technician who will assist with the daily maintenance of apartment complexes. You will be required to provide periodic repairs and maintenance to the facilities, as well as the occasional ground keeping repairs, based on priority of tasks. As a Facilities Maintenance technician you well also help coordinate repairs with contractors and vendors on various projects.
Lexington Management is a multi-family property management company, we are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make it happen culture that is dedicated to the continuous growth and development of its employees. We listen to our associates, recognize them, give them room to grow, while also investing in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves. We celebrate our associate’s success and encourage them to raise the bar even higher. So, what are you waiting for? You will love it here!
About the role:
- Assist with preventive maintenance, customer work orders, and emergency repairs
- Conduct installation and coordination of office and furniture changes and upgrades including ergonomic adjustments; hanging pictures, whiteboards, and meeting room set-up
- Monitor all interior and exterior for maintenance issues.
- Maintain and keep all tools and equipment in acceptable working conditions and work area neat and clean.
- Electrical: replace or fix outlets, light switches, and fixtures
- Plumbing: replace or fix faucets, toilets, and sinks
- Heating and Cooling: general heating repairs and cleaning filters and swapping units
- Groundskeeping: Picking up trash and helping keep the building clean and presentable both inside and out.
- General carpentry and drywall repairs as needed.
- Repair and replace screens as needed.
- Troubleshoot, repair, or replace appliances.
- Communicate with the manager on daily work orders and provide status updates
- Perform and conduct all unit turnovers within the provided time frame.
- Available for on-call emergencies after work hours and weekends per a rotating schedule per management
Our preferred candidate will have:
- A High School diploma or equivalent work experience plus two – three years’ experience in a maintenance roll
- The ability to effectively utilize related technology for the position as we are a company that is based on utilizing technology on a daily basis
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize workload
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, appliances, HVAC, construction, carpentry, painting, vendors, parts, and services is a must have
- Interpersonal skills to interact professionally, clearly, and respectfully with tenants and others as needed
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Physically able to perform job duties with or without accommodation
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record as a company vehicle is provided with all tools
- Hourly Pay depending on experience
- Job Type: Part-time (Tuesdays and Thursday with some additional hours helping at the end of Months)
Please send your resume and the job title you are applying for to: